Annons:
Tag:ย best-of-sweden
Read 1215 times
Niklas
2019-08-23 12:30

Get divorced online in Sweden

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

As a fan of paperlessness I welcome the Swedish courts launch of an online application for divorce service. The article at The Local doesnโ€™t say when the service will open. I have no plans of my own to get a divorce though. ๐Ÿ™‚

ยป Sweden to launch new online divorce service - The Local

(Photo by Kelly Sikkema at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
jordan
2019-08-23 18:16

I wouldn't know the logistics of a divorce in fairness, but surely there would be some things that would have to be arranged in person? I imagine doing it exclusively online might cause some problems.

Niklas
2019-08-24 10:07

#1: I don't know the process either, but I can see it being done entirely online. Since the identification of the parts is quickly taken care of with the Swedish BankID, the rest of the process probably follows protocols. And think of the advantage of some divorcees not having to meet physically after the break-up. If kids are involved, there are more considerations to be made.

jordan
2019-08-24 21:29

#2 I hadn't thought about some of the advantages, the one  that they do not have to meet I imagine to be quite appealing to some. Are they keeping the manual process as well or will it have to be online from then onwards?

Niklas
2019-08-26 10:03

The online solution is only an added possibility. You will still be able to do it the traditional way.

jordan
2019-08-26 17:22

#4 Ah okay. Then it seems like a worthy addition for now!

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย