Annons:
Tagstatistics
Read 1362 times
Niklas
2019-04-26 14:26

Sweden has lowest poverty rate in Europe

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The EU country average of proportion of the population living in serious poverty is 7 percent. In Sweden it is about one percent, making it the EU country with the lowest poverty rate.

”Living in serious material poverty is defined as being unable to afford four out of nine items considered important for a good quality of life, including rent, heating of housing, unexpected expenses, holidays, and regularly eating meat or another protein.”

In Bulgaria and Greece, 30 and 21 percent respectively of the population falls under the poverty line.

» Sweden has EU's lowest proportion of people living in serious poverty - The Local

(Photo by Maarten van den Heuvel at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
jordan
2019-04-29 21:41

It's odd that the word poverty can have dramatically different meanings depending on where is discussed. I distinctly remember a case in England where  a photo of the most deprived neighbourhood somehow ended up in a US campaign. Of course, it is all relative, I don't think anywhere in Europe necessarily counts as a place of absolute poverty.

Leia
2019-04-29 21:46

Do you know what they define as serious poverty? I know study I once read defined poverty on if you had to share a bedroom.

I do recall there seemed to be a fairly strong presence of homelessness in Stockholm when I lived there.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: