Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1199 times
Niklas
2019-04-04 17:31

The 10 things you will miss most leaving Stockholm

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I found this fun article listing 10 things Nele Schröder, a German intern in Stockholm, missed most when she returned home.

1. ”There didn’t seem to be any hierarchies in the workplace.”

2. ”Asking colleagues out for after-work drinks is so common that they've coined the word afterwork to refer to the tradition.”

3. ”In Sweden, you call everyone du, regardless of your relationship.”

4. ”I found that even in Stockholm, beautiful nature isn’t far away.”

5. ”Work.”

6. ”Cinnamon buns.”

7. ”Swedish and its softer, musical-sounding words are something I really miss.”

8. ”When I came to Sweden, I was stunned by how high-tech everything seemed.”

9. ”I lived slightly outside the city and was astonished by how easy it was to get into the centre – usually I could just jump on the commuter train and was back home in basically no time.”

10. ”The combination of things like the museums, the restaurants, the skyline views and being able to take the ferry as a method of public transportation made my experience of the city one that I will never forget.”

Read the full article to find all the details of what she like in Sweden.

» Reverse culture shock: 'The things I miss since leaving Stockholm' - The Local

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-04-05 12:14

I most agree with 4, 6, and 10! I would also add that I miss how reliable the transport was, always on time!!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-04-08 19:08

Definitely 6, 9 and 10 for me! It also might be a an unpopular opinion, but I also liked the shorter days sometimes, although I guess that is more generalized towards Sweden as a whole.

Leia
2019-04-08 19:11

#2 I can't say I enjoyed the short days but they definitely made me appreciate the sun more.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: