Annons:
Tag:ย statistics
Read 1424 times
Niklas
2019-03-20 13:58

Swedes worlds 7th most happy people

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The UN 2019 World Happiness Report is out. Sweden climbed two spots landing at seven this year. The top four are the rest of the Nordic countries, Finland, Denmark, Norway and Iceland. USA placed 19, United Kingdom 15 and Russia 68. In the bottom South Sudan, Central African Republic and Afghanistan are found.

ยป World Happiness Report 2019 | The World Happiness Report

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Annons:
Max
2019-03-21 06:33

It's an interesting report I think the Nordic countries score highly because the question was asked in terms of satisfaction with your overall life situation and these countries are amongst the best organised, most successful and free. I don't think of Nordics as being especially happy go lucky, smily types. In terms of that sort of happiness I'm sure that Filipinos would score pretty highly despite all the murder, mayhem, and corruption that goes on here. Certainly in every day life they are way more upbeat than the far more economically successful Japanese and Chinese. Among Europeans I think the Irish have a somewhat similar attitude. Much of this is I suspect a consequence of how people interact with each other from a social perspective and relates to the very strong family bonds generally seen in the Philippines.

Niklas
2019-03-21 13:35

I agree with your interpretation of what type of happy we are in the Nordics. In general we have everything we need as well as live reasonably balanced lives with time for family, friends, hobbies and travels.

Max
2019-03-29 01:35

#2 Agree. On those type of factors, Pinoys would score very poorly. Most people live in pretty wretched housing, either have no job or work 6 days a week and wash their clothes on their day off, have zero savings, little time or money for much beyond cock fighting, checking Facebook or wandering around the mall, can rarely travel - so that for example many - say 50 per cent who live in say Cebu which is on the coast of a small island have never visited a beach in their whole life. And yet most people wear a smile and would readily agree that Pinoys are a happy people.

Max
2019-03-29 01:51
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

As a small illustration of what I mean this is a pic i took 30 seconds ago from my breakfast spot. About 30 guys most of the guys in the area have spontaneously come to Help soneone get their banka onto the beach, presumably for some repair. It's going to take an hour of hard work. Somehow I find it difficult to see a team of 30 Swedes or any other Westerners, swarming around to assist someone with a Volvo that won't start in the morning.

Niklas
2019-03-29 03:58

True. I don't think you would even see 30 Swedes in the same area at the same time, unless in a city.

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย