Annons:
Tagstatistics
Read 1404 times
Niklas
2019-03-11 11:42

Swedish air among least polluted in the world

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

In a study of 73 countries, air quality (measured as concentration of PM 2.5 particles) in Sweden was found to be the fourth best. Iceland and Finland was at the top. I think Iceland may jump up and down in the ranking depending on the status of their volcanos. At the bottom were Bangladesh, Pakistan and India.

Stockholm was ranked as the third best capital in the world with regards to air quality.

“Each year an estimated seven million people die early due to air pollution, and the PM 2.5 particles are one of the types of pollution that lead to the most significant health problems.”

» Sweden's air quality among the best in the world: study - The Local

(Photo by Sanketh at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
jordan
2019-03-11 23:18

Not surprised with who is near the bottom, as on the daily reports cities such as Dhaka and New Delhi also rank low. At the moment as well is an interesting case in East Asia. South Korea is suffering badly from air pollution, and have blamed China for it. Obviously they have responded to repute the claims!

Leia
2019-03-11 23:36

Another reason for me to miss Sweden Sad.

The air quality is considered dangerous where my university is located here in the UK, it exceeded legal limits 90 times during 2016. See more here.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-03-13 00:56

#2 Doesn't Help that the busiest bus route in Europe goes straight through the middle!

Scroll to top
Annons: