Annons:
Tagstatistics
Read 1218 times
Niklas
2019-02-12 12:44

Sweden perceived as worlds third least corrupt

The Corruption Perceptions Index ranks 180 countries by how corrupt their public sectors are perceived to be. Denmark and New Zealand came in at the top. Finland, Singapore, Sweden and Switzerland shares third spot with equally many points. The United States is on a watch list because it lost 4 points between 2017 and 2018.

“The index, which ranks 180 countries and territories by their perceived levels of public sector corruption according to experts and businesspeople, uses a scale of 0 to 100, where 0 is highly corrupt and 100 is very clean. More than two-thirds of countries score below 50 on this year’s CPI, with an average score of just 43.”

» Corruption Perceptions Index 2018 - Transparency International

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-02-12 22:45

As Sweden only came third, what parts do you think can make it be perceived as corrupt?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-02-12 23:20

It's odd looking at the corruption index and comparing it with the democracy index. Despite South America (seemingly) being democratic, they also rank really highly on corruption.

Niklas
2019-02-13 10:59

#1: There are instances where for instance Swedish government employees have been found to take bribes. It’s just that it may not be as common as in some other places. Not even the top countries on the list, Denmark and New Zealand, have a 100 point rating (which is the maximum), and the difference between the top and third spots are only a few points. #2: Ha, that is interesting! My guess is that the corruption index is based on perceptions and the democracy index on metrics.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2019-02-19 00:23

#3 Yeah, the corruption statistic is based on how it is perceived, as I imagine it would be difficult to find another measurable way of doing it.

This map reminded me of Freedom House, which I used to read many years ago. They do full reports on each country, while highlighting any major political events that affect the numbers on their scores. Super interesting!

Niklas
2019-02-19 11:20

#4: Interesting link. In the freedom rating Sweden received a full score based on political rights and civil liberties.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: