Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1542 times
Leia
2019-01-03 15:37

Swedish Fish

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I have seen these online quite a few times and I have always wanted to try them! I managed to get hold of some during my recent trip to IKEA. I originally thought they were an American sweet because surely if they were Swedish they'd just be called 'Fish' Laughing out loud But given they were sold in IKEA I am now very confused! Are these truly Swedish?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2019-01-03 23:36

Yes, Malaco is a Swedish candy company. In Sweden, they are just called Fiskar (fish). 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-01-04 09:13

Although, I think they are not as popular or common here than foreigners might think. The more popular candy that I grew up with (my Dad would bring them from Sweden to the US) are Bilar, Diam, various Marabou chocolates as well as licorice (which I hate haha). What do you think Niklas? Most common/popular Swedish candy?

Niklas
2019-01-04 11:37

Yes, Bilar, Daim, Non-Stop, geléhallon, all kinds of chocolate, bars like Snickers and Japp, Dumlekola, Kexchoklad. Fiskar isn't on my top ten list.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-01-04 11:47
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I found a top chart at Aftonbladet of most popular candy among swedes. Fiskar isn't even in the top 20.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2019-01-04 16:25

My son and his wife always take a lot of Marabou milkchocolate to their children in Thailand.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Leia
2019-01-04 23:13

#1 I was half right then Laughing out loud

#2 Yes I never saw them once when I was in Sweden!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2019-01-05 00:14

I think Daim is the most well known outside of Sweden out of them selected. I guess Marabou has the same reputation as Cadburys in the UK.

Scroll to top
Annons: