Published with the aim of highlighting to EU member countries the areas which they ought to focus on improving, the European Commission has released its 2018 ranking on innovation in Europe.
Sweden came on top with 140.8 points.
- Innovation in human resources: 179.6 points.
- Attractive research systems: 176.5 points.
- Innovation-friendly environment: 190.5 points.
- Finance and innovation support: 111.6 points.
- Investments in innovation from the private sector: 157.9 points.
- Innovators: 126.8 points.
- Synergy between the public and private sectors to innovate: 131 points.
- Intellectual Assets: 156.6 points.
- Employment: 131.4 points.
- Exports and sales of innovative companies: 82.1 points.
Read more here: