Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1450 times
Tammie
2018-06-02 23:57

Summer Stuga

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

One of my favorite things about Sweden are the little summer stuga's that you see all over. I would really like to see some pictures of your favorite cute summer stuga(s)! Heart😎

Photo by Jon Flobrant on Unsplash

Photo by Steinar Engeland on Unsplash 

Photo by Sebastian Sandqvist on Unsplash

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Granja Del Toro
2018-06-03 00:47

Summer cottages are nice, for sure, specially those old school once.🙂

Niklas
2018-06-03 10:27

Ours is more a summer house than a stuga, and not so cute, but we like it. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-06-03 13:23

Niklas, I like your beautiful house.

We bought our sommerhouse more than 30 years ago.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Emo
2018-06-03 13:26

It was originally built in the 19thieth century (18** something) and moved to this place in the 30ies.
I had my shop in it for many years.

Leia
2018-06-03 20:48

I love the architecture in Sweden! Both of those houses, I think, are much prettier than what you'd find in the UK!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-06-04 02:09

#2 I really like your house! Very Swedish. I have always loved Swedish homes!Heart

#3 & #4 I love it! It looks like a perfect summer house!Heart

Happy creating!

Tammie

Annons:
Emo
2018-06-04 05:08

Thank you. It is so convenient to have both on the same ground. Laughing

Niklas
2018-06-04 12:48

6: Have you heard the story behind why many Swedish and Nordic houses are painted red?

The paint is called Falu Red (”Falu rödfärg”). Falun is a Swedish town that used to have a copper mine. Falu Red is made from byproducts of the mining process.

In the 16th century it was fashionable to use copper on roofs of rich people's houses in continental Europe. In Sweden we mostly built wooden houses, but the Swedish King, Johan III, wanted to have the look of a copper roof so he had the roof of the castle painted in ”rust led” (Falu Red). That started the trend of painting roofs and houses red in Sweden. At first only rich people could afford it. Nowadays it is very common on all sorts of wooden houses.

As a side note, the company that makes the original Falu Red, Stora Kopparberg Bergslags AB, was the worlds first stock company when it sold shares of the company in the 13th century. The company still lives, more than 700 years after it was founded.

The mine, Falun Mine, has been closed for mining for many years, but today it is a museum and UNESCO world heritage site well worth a visit.

http://www.falugruva.se/

Mining started in Falun in the 10th century and continued for 1,000 years, until it closed in 1992. In its heyday the mine produced 2/3 of the copper needed in all of Europe. It funded several of Swedens wars in the 16th century. The Thirty Years' War was one of them. Sweden hasn't always been a peaceful country. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-06-04 13:47

Tammie
2018-06-04 16:27

Wow! The mine was in business for a thousand years! That is incredible. I love hearing this story. I did not know that is why so many houses are painted in the same color of red.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Emo
2018-06-04 17:16

#10 You can learn a lot at Savvity and iFokus.Winking

Tammie
2018-06-05 04:06

Yes you can!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Granja Del Toro
2018-06-09 09:21

#5 I absolutely LOVE tudor homes and victorian homes as well. Including gothic mansions…and to live in the summer near the sea or ocian, i like small cottages and bungalos…

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: