Annons:
Tag:Β statistics
Read 1449 times
Niklas
2018-05-04 11:20

Less risk of child death in Sweden than in England

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

"The key factors here are likely to include Sweden's broader welfare programmes that have provided families with an economic safety net for over 50 years, the free and accessible educational system, including early child care, and public health policies for many lifestyle issues such as obesity, smoking and alcohol use."

At the same time as I am glad to live in Sweden it makes me sad that the risk is that much higher in another European country. I don’t think the English child mortality rate is unique, but this study compared Sweden and England and children between 2 days and four years old.

Child mortality rate 1.5 times higher in England than Sweden – and poverty is a key factor, researchers argue - The Local

(Photo by Jude Beck at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-05-04 19:02

Comparing yourself to England! This is now personal Winking there needs to be a best of the UK community haha.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-05-04 21:50

While it is sad, the numbers are still quite low, so although the percentage increase is high, we can be glad that the actual number is low (and hopefully will be lower in years to come!)

Niklas
2018-05-05 14:05

#1: Yes, absolutely, there needs to be a Best of England community! #2: Yes. It's just that the UK and Sweden are only 800 kilometers apart. We're so close.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β