Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1631 times
Leia
2018-04-17 16:20

Subway Art - Stockholm

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The Stockholm subway system is said to be the world's longest art exhibit - 110 kilometres long. Travelling by subway is like travelling through an exciting story that extends from the artistic pioneers of the 1950s to the art experiments of today. Over 90 of the 100 subway stations in Stockholm have been decorated with sculptures, mosaics, paintings, installations, engravings, and reliefs by over 150 artists. 

The Kungsträdgården subway station looks like an archaeological excavation, with the remains of the old Stockholm Makalös palace. At Östermalmstorg the artist Siri Derkert highlights women's rights and peace and environmental issues. 

- visitstockholm.com

This is a picture of me at Mörby Centrum on the red line, decorated by artists Gösta Wessel and Karin Ek. I found this station particularly interesting as you can only see how beautiful the colours are from a certain angle. I actually passed this wall many times and never noticed how truly beautiful it can be. If you have an SL card, you can make a full day of visiting each station at a minimal price, I would really recommend it. 

Do you have a favourite Station?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-17 18:48

I had no idea there were things from the old palace Makalösa in Kungsträdgården station. As a kid, my favorite station was Stadion (Stadium) because of the colors. It is mostly light blue and there is an arc with a colorfully painted rainbow.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-04-17 22:59

#1 Stadion is one of my favourites as well! My absolute favourite would have to be the 8 bit artwork in Thorildsplan 🙂

Evelina
2018-04-18 16:27

#2 Yeah I like that one as well Jordan!

Evelina
2018-04-19 11:46

I want to to alby station and take a picture next to the flower wall. Who’s up for being the photographer? 🤣😁

Leia
2018-04-19 16:54

Me!!! #4

All the best, Leia

Maddie
2018-04-23 07:23

Since I am raised in Stockholm the subwaystations where I grew up will always be special too me. But otherwise I really like Kungsträdgården, Solna C (Paintings of swedish landscape) and Stadion (rainbow!),

Annons:
Leia
2018-04-23 10:25

#6 I really like Kungsträdgården as well, I love that if you look closely you can see faces in the wall.

All the best, Leia

jordan
2018-04-23 21:15
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Kungsträdgården is also one that I really liked (as you can tell!)

Scroll to top
Annons: