Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1108 times
Leia
2018-04-11 18:48

Bonniers Konsthall

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Sadly, my time here in Sweden is coming to an end and in three weeks I am due to return to the UK. My aim now is to make every day count with the little time and money I have.  Thankfully, Stockholm's art and cultural scenes are super accessible. In over a dozen museums, you pay no entry at all, and it´s completely free to enjoy art, architecture, history, and culture. 

I am making my way through viststockholm's list of museums with free admission, today I checked out Bonniers Konsthall.

Bonniers Konsthall greets you with its large, modern glass design and homes contemporary art. The exhibitions are temporary and solo, Swedish and foreign artists are exhibited by both emerging and more established artists. The institution has its roots in the Maria Bonnier Dahlin Foundation, which was founded in 1985 by Jeanette Bonnier in memory of her daughter Maria Bonnier Dahlin.

The exhibition of  I saw displayed to work of the Maria Bonnier Dahlin Foundation grant recipient Lap-See Lam and Olle Norås.  

• Lap-See Lam tells stories through the use of words, digital media and sculptural installations. She is fascinated by how myths and speculations have the potential to control and construct notions of identity. 

• Olle Norås works with painting and sculpture, employing techniques with materials such as wood and steel. 

The exhibitions were fairly small and I spent around half an hour at the place, there is a cafe on site if you want to stay longer. Given its central location, I would definitely recommend the museum if you want to make the most of a lunch/study break, however, I wouldn't recommend this place alone if you want to make a full day of it.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-11 21:38

Thanks for the tip! I haven't been there.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: