Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1674 times
Niklas
2018-04-09 19:59

Air quality in Stockholm best in 50 years

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The air quality in Stockholm during 2017 was the best in 50 years according to a report. Mild winter weather, expanded district heating networks and lower pollution from vehicles all helped. Read more at The Local.

Stockholm air quality 'best in 50 years': report

(Photo by Jon Flobrant at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
jordan
2018-04-10 21:27

Amazing to see statistics like this in modern times, especially considering the trends seen in the rest of the world.

Niklas
2018-04-10 21:35

Yes, I am surprised too. There must be many more cars now than in the sixties, but apparently, the catalyzers are doing a good job.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-04-14 16:45

Residents of Stockholm, Gothenburg and Malmö live one year longer as of yesterday than 25 years ago due to levels of air pollutants from road traffic have fallen new study by researchers at the Department of Environmental Sciences and Analytical Chemistry (ACES) at Stockholm University shows.

Full article here:

http://www.aces.su.se/cleaner-air-has-increased-life-expectancy-by-up-to-1-year/

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-04-14 17:02

Wow, that's a huge thing. I wonder if we can keep the levels low when Stockholm grows. It would be interesting to know if it's the same in other big cities around the world.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-04-14 22:26

I only took a really brief look on this website, which follows pollution in cities around the world, but it seems that in Europe at least the levels have been decreasing in general, which was a pleasant surprise to me.

Niklas
2018-04-14 23:36

That sounds hopeful.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: