Annons:
Tagstatistics
Read 2400 times
Niklas
2018-03-20 13:55

Sweden ranked best in the world in decreasing inequality

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

A report by Oxfam and Development Finance International has looked at what governments do to lower inequality between rich and poor. Out of the 152 countries monitored Sweden placed as number one.

It is worth to note that economic inequality has risen in Sweden the last couple of decades.

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=6738722

unsplash-logoNeONBRAND

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-03-21 13:21

Sweden ranks respectively high at 14th out of 188 countries in the United Nations (UN) gender inequality index (GII) table and presents itself as successful in achieving and working towards gender equality. Despite this, it has been shown that the implemented strategies have struggled to create an equal balance between the sexes. These figures show the considerable differences in income between men and women and highlighting that rigid traditional gender roles remain, with women dominantly working in educational and caring occupations. 

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-03-21 14:28

Have you seen a link to that report?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-03-21 17:01

it came up in Swedish.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-03-21 17:13

Do you have any idea why economic inequality has been rising in recent decades in Sweden? And if Sweden is number one, do you think that means that economic inequality overall has been rising? 

This is one of my favourite topics to research at Uni. Idea From the studies and books that I have read, there seems to be a consensus that neoliberal economic and political policies are directly linked to rising inequalities. There is a correlation between countries that have high amounts of economic inequality, such as the US, and high degrees in social inequalities, such as gender inequality, as Leia brought up. Economic inequality is in it self bad, but it also compounds social inequality. Straight faced 

Any thoughts?

Niklas
2018-03-21 19:51

#4: It may be that we have more rich and very rich people now than before. I don't think there are more poor people. Economic inequality has increased increased globally according to yo what I've heard. The few that owns most own more than before. The good thing is that the poorest become fewer too.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2018-03-23 13:38

I found this article (in Swedish) that I think confirms my guess. Work incomes have risen but capital incomes have risen more. https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/kapitalinkomster-spar-pa-inkomstskillnader

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: