Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1540 times
Leia
2019-01-03, 15:37

Swedish Fish

I have seen these online quite a few times and I have always wanted to try them! I managed to get hold of some during my recent trip to IKEA. I originally thought they were an American sweet because surely if they were Swedish they'd just be called 'Fish' Laughing out loud But given they were sold in IKEA I am now very confused! Are these truly Swedish?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-01-03, 23:36

Yes, Malaco is a Swedish candy company. In Sweden, they are just called Fiskar (fish). 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-01-04, 09:13

Although, I think they are not as popular or common here than foreigners might think. The more popular candy that I grew up with (my Dad would bring them from Sweden to the US) are Bilar, Diam, various Marabou chocolates as well as licorice (which I hate haha). What do you think Niklas? Most common/popular Swedish candy?

Start your own community!

For your company, club, school class, neighborhood, blog, hobby, interest, gaming clan, family, friend circle, sports team, study group...

Get started in minutes. For free of course!

Niklas
2019-01-04, 11:37

Yes, Bilar, Daim, Non-Stop, geléhallon, all kinds of chocolate, bars like Snickers and Japp, Dumlekola, Kexchoklad. Fiskar isn't on my top ten list.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-01-04, 11:47

I found a top chart at Aftonbladet of most popular candy among swedes. Fiskar isn't even in the top 20.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
Emo 
2019-01-04, 16:25

My son and his wife always take a lot of Marabou milkchocolate to their children in Thailand.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Leia
2019-01-04, 23:13

#1 I was half right then Laughing out loud

#2 Yes I never saw them once when I was in Sweden!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-01-05, 00:14

I think Daim is the most well known outside of Sweden out of them selected. I guess Marabou has the same reputation as Cadburys in the UK.

Scroll to top