Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 995 times
Niklas
2018-09-10 16:12

Things you can harvest & eat from Swedish forests

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Allemansrätten, the right of public access, is one of Swedens unique “features.” It gives anyone access right to private property, with a few exceptions (homes and private gardens). The allemansrätt also gives you the right to harvest wild fruits, berries, and herbs. Lingonberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and mushrooms are some of the delicacies you can gather for free.

The Local has an article about foraging in Sweden. Read it.

» Foraging in Sweden's forests: what to look out for and when to pick them - The Local

In addition to what you can find in the forests, you can also find domestic fruits and berries that you can pick in both rural and urban areas. You are free to pick them on public properties and when you find them in abandoned unfenced gardens. Apples, cherries, raspberries, and pears are quite common.

Many communities plant fruit trees and berry bushes on public properties for anyone to enjoy. Make sure to treat these areas with respect and not disturb animals, plants, and humans when you hunt for the treasures of Swedish nature.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Tammie
2018-09-11 22:54

I love it! This is way it should be!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-09-12 09:34

Yes, we are very proud of allemansrätten. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-09-12 16:35

My favourite thing about fall in Sweden is all the apples I get to pick!! Laughing

Niklas
2018-09-12 17:13

Do you pick wild apples or do you know someone with a tree?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-09-12 17:15

I pick the apples that are in the park near my apartment. Laughing out loud I wouldn't say they are wild. I guess the city planted them there.

Niklas
2018-09-12 17:20

Okay. Do you eat them as they are or bake stuff with them? Apple must is a quite popular thing to use them for.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2018-09-12 17:24

I made apple juice, which I'll make a post about. I also made cookies. 

https://vegetariankitchen.savvity.net/discussions/5b85b21f1d41c827ad053724-apple-oatmeal-cookies?discussions-1

My boyfriend made a traditional Hungarian apple cake type thing. 

I have also made apple pie in the past years. This year was the first year for apple juice though!

Tammie
2018-09-12 21:25

Evelina, You should forage for Nypon and make Nypon soup. It will Help you get over your sinus infection.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-09-12 22:41

#8 I have never done it! When is it in season?

Niklas
2018-09-13 09:14

I read that nypon are considered one of the 14 most important wild plants in a survival situation. One cup of nypon contain the same amount of vitamin C as 35 to 40 oranges, according to Wikipedia. It also has many other nutrients.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: