Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1160 times
Leia
2018-04-20, 21:18

Royal Armoury - Livrustkammaren

Yesterday I visited The Royal Armoury, located in the spectacular and beautiful cellar vaults of the Royal Palace in Stockholm.

I viewed the 'I love you madly' exhibition that takes a look at the Swedish count Hans Axel von Fersen and his relationship to one of the of the world´s most famous women, the French queen Marie-Antoinette. The exhibition included many carriages, though the main carriage exhibition was advertised to be starting soon. What I saw was very interesting but relatively small so I only spent around half an hour here. 

Nonetheless, it is free entry so makes a great addition if you are visiting the Royal Palace or the old town (Gamla Stan). Also if you have children, there is a children’s room for them to try dresses and knight costumes, play, read and draw.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2018-04-20, 22:57

I agree that it is a great place to visit, even for just a little while. However I will say that they should definitely update the signs around Gamla Stan, as it took a while to find.

Tammie
2018-04-21, 18:31

Very interesting. I will have to check it out the next time I am in Stockholm.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Start your own community!

For your company, club, school class, neighborhood, blog, hobby, interest, gaming clan, family, friend circle, sports team, study group...

Get started in minutes. For free of course!

Scroll to top