Annons:
Tagbest-of-sweden
Read 1630 times
Evelina
2018-04-15 13:46

Best way to visit Stockholm's Archipelago?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I have never been to Stockholm's Archipelago despite living in Stockholm for 3.5 years.

What is the best way to travel there? Can you do a day trip? Is it best to camp? Any info would be helpful. I am planning on going at least once this summer!

Annons:
Niklas
2018-04-15 16:06

I would start by taking one of the Waxholm ferries. If you do it before the end of April (I think) it won't cost you anything if you have a 30-day, or longer, SL ticket. You can start by going from Nybrokajen in the middle of Stockholm to Vaxholm, Ljusterö or Sandhamn and back. Waxholm ferries are a cheap and comfortable way to see the archipelago. Bring picknick so you don't have to pay for the expensive and not very interesting food on the boats. Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a windbreaker are other good to have accessories. You can find timetables and fares here: http://www.waxholmsbolaget.se/visitor/archipelago-traffic/destinations-and-day-trips/

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-04-15 16:15

Ok that's great info! Hopefully there will be a nice sunny day before the end of April. Smug

Niklas
2018-04-15 16:21
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Traveling from Strömkajen to Ljusterö takes about two and a half hour. We passed Vaxholm by car yesterday. This photo shows Vaxholms Kastell to the right and part of Vaxholm to the left. There are small ferries that you can travel between Vaxholm and the Kastell in. http://www.kastellet.com/

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-04-15 16:22

Oh wait, I have been there actually!

Niklas
2018-04-15 16:26

Then you have seen a (small) part of the archipelago. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-04-15 16:30

Haha I suppose so then! Laughing I'll have to adventure further out next time.

Annons:
jordan
2018-04-16 19:11

I was actually in Vaxholm yesterday! What a coincidence #3 :) It was super easy to get there from the main island, as I took the 670 bus. It takes a while to get there (maybe 40 minutes), but the buses run every 20 minutes so you can enjoy the scenery 🙂

(Also I would heavily recommend the homemade Gelato place on the coast opposite the castle, it was delicious!)

Scroll to top
Annons: